Other Lost Time may be used for any regular employee's previously scheduled hours up to a maximum of 10 days total between the effective date of this policy and December 31, 2022, for the following:
- When the employee is directed to be absent by Axiom Medical.
- If the employee is not able to work in order to actively care for dependents or household members who are ill or quarantining/isolating due to COVID-19.
- If the employee is not able to work in order to actively care for well dependents or household members whose schooling or care arrangements have been disrupted due to COVID-19.
If the employee is able to work remotely with relatively self-sufficient dependents or household members at home due to COVID-19 disruptions, they should establish an alternate work arrangement with their supervisor.
Notes on Documentation:
- Eligibility for the use of Other Lost Time is dependent the employee's adherence to the medically directed protocols. If any eligible employee fails to comply with the required testing or submission of required documentation, they lose eligibility for Other Lost Time and may use personal time for the absence.
- A "doctor's note" or documentation of illness or dependent care responsibilities will not be required, except in very rare cases where abuse of paid sick/dependent care time is suspected. It is assumed that Dartmouth employees are honest and trustworthy in their dealings with each other and Dartmouth.